Please see pertinent information below.
How to Prepare for Surgery
Download or read
PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE
- A member of our nursing staff will call you a few days before your procedure to give you the time of arrival and to go over your medical history, medications and any other pertinent information. If you do not receive a call the day before your procedure, please call the center at 862-244-8100.
- It is important that you arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you to our facility and to be available to you for 24 hours post-surgery.
- You may not drive yourself home.
GENERAL PRE-OP INSTRUCTIONS
- You should not eat or drink anything 8 hours prior to your procedure. This includes water, gum, candy, etc.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
- Please do not wear dark nail polish or contact lenses; bring your glasses.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is easily removed for your convenience.
- Bring an up to date list of your current medications including herbs, vitamins, supplements, and over the counter medications. Make sure to include name, dosage, and how often you take them.
- Medication restrictions: consult your doctor.
- Women of childbearing age will need to provide a urine sample when they arrive at the facility.
- Pre Op testing or Covid testing may be required prior to your surgery. The pre op nurse will discuss this with you on the pre op call. Please make sure you have spoken to a member of our nursing staff before the day of surgery. If you experience a change in your health, such as a fever, please notify your doctor prior to your scheduled procedure.
DAY OF PROCEDURE
- Please arrive 1 hour prior to your scheduled procedure time.
- Bring a photo ID and insurance card.
- Upon arrival you will be asked to complete admission and consent forms.
- Following admission, you will be asked to be escorted to the pre op area and will change into a hospital gown and be prepped for your procedure.
- Prior to your procedure, you will meet with the Anesthesiologist, Pre-Operative Nurse, OR Nurse, and Surgeon. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- After meeting with your surgical team, we will take you in for your procedure.
- Your companion may choose to stay in the waiting room, or a staff member will be happy to make a telephone call when you are prepared to leave.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE
- Your physician will provide post-Operative instructions. The post op nurse will discuss them with you and your companion prior to discharge. You will also be provided a written copy.
- Once you meet the centers discharge criteria you will be discharged with the assistance of a nursing staff member
- A member of our nurse staff will call you the day after surgery to check on your progress and discuss any questions you may have. If you have an emergency, please do not call the center. Call your doctor or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Out of Network Info
Download here or read below:
WEST MORRIS SURGERY CENTER
OUT OF NETWORK DISCLOSURE FORM
Transparency in Healthcare
On behalf of West Morris Surgery Center (hereinafter “health service provider” or “West Morris Surgery”), kindly accept this disclosure in accordance with P.L.2018 c. 32, (“Out-of-network Consumer Protection, Transparency, Cost Containment and Accountability Act”) as it applies to health care providers and physicians. Pursuant to this new legislation, notice is required to be provided by all health care providers, physicians and health centers, including West Morris Surgery, as follows:
Health care providers are required to inform patients whether or not they participate in certain health insurance plans. Please note that West Morris Surgery is considered an “in-network” provider with/for the following insurance companies/plans:
- CHN (Consumer Health Network)
- HORIZON BCBS
- HORIZON BCBS CASUALTY
West Morris Surgery has agreed to accept the rate of reimbursement for services performed at West Morris Surgery Center as offered and reimbursed in accordance with these aforementioned plans, subject to co-pay, deductible, and/or co-insurance, as may be applicable. For all other plans/companies not listed above West Morris Surgery is considered an “Out-of-Network” Provider. If you have any questions, or do not see your health insurance plan listed above, please contact a representative at West Morris Surgery Center to assist you.
West Morris Surgery is a Medicare participant; meaning West Morris Surgery will accept the rates of reimbursement in accordance with Medicare coverage provided to its patients subject to all applicable co-pay, deductible and/or co-insurance.
Please take notice that, upon request prior to scheduling non-emergency procedure(s), you may request in writing, the amount, or estimated amount that will be billed by West Morris Surgery for the medical treatment and/or health care service you receive .
You may be financially responsible for services provided that are deemed “out-of-network” by your health insurance carrier, including costs in excess of, but not limited to, co-pay, deductible, and/or coinsurance (if applicable). West Morris Surgery reserves the right to seek additional reimbursement from you for procedures or services in excess of those benefits provided by your health insurance benefits plan and/or rates of reimbursement allowed by your health benefits plan for “out-of-network” providers, in excess of, and in addition to, co-pay, deductible, or co-insurance (if applicable).
Please take notice that it is advised that you contact your insurance carrier with any questions and for further consultation on costs.
West Morris Surgery, is required to provide you with the name, practice name, mailing address, and telephone number (if that information is known or available) for any health care provider providing services in conjunction with those provided by West Morris Surgery to the extent applicable, when that health care provider is providing the following services:
ANESTHESIA SERVICES provided by:
Bergen County Anesthesia, LLC
Fair lawn, NJ 07410
Durable medical equipment and services provided to make rehabilitation / recovery a success.
197 Ridgedale Avenue, #130
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
DENVILLE MEDICAL & SPORTS REHABILITATION CENTER
Multidisciplinary health and wellness treatment center.
161 East Main Street
Denville, NJ 07834
Laboratory and diagnostic testing services.
Multiple facilities and locations.
PATHLINE EMERGE, LLC
Pathology testing services.
535 East Crescent Avenue
Ramsey, NJ 07446
ASC billing services and revenue cycle management solutions.
3100 Monticello Avenue
Dallas, TX 75205
We would love to hear from you about your experience at our surgery center. Please take a few moments to complete the form below with any comments and/or suggestions.. Thank you for your time, and we look forward to serving you again.